THQ Nordic just announced Desperados III with a 2019 release for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. And who else could take care of the development if not Mimimi Productions, the studio behind the great Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. First screens and trailer after the jump.
Desperaun... Desperados... Desperatres! THQ Nordic & Mimimi reveal Desperados III
This town's big enough for PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Vienna, Austria/ Munich, Germany, August 21st, 2018: The Wild West. A place where the law is made by those with a gun in their hands, and is enforced by the henchmen at their command. A place where death is no stranger and the undertakers are working overtime… especially when people start playing Desperados III.
This real-time tactics game, developed by German game studio Mimimi (who earned their spurs with the critically acclaimed title Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun), lets players command a band of Desperados led by fan-favourite gunslinger John Cooper, who’s hunting down his nemesis.
Heavily inspired by the first game of the franchise, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Desperados III will allow the player to approach each mission with a wide variety of different solutions and routes. As the player’s gang will always be outnumbered, only smart use of both the environment and each Desperado’s unique character skills will guarantee a victorious outcome.
Desperados III will ambush your PC, your PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and your Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X in 2019.
For more information on the game, please visit The Official Desperados III Website
About Desperados III
Desperados III is a modern take on the real-time tactics genre set in a harsh Wild West scenario. You take control of a ragtag band who become a highly functional group of unlikely heroes and heroines, overcoming their personality clashes to join forces and combine their distinctive character specialities to challenge a seemingly superior foe. Hunted by ruthless bandits and corrupt lawmen, the Desperados need to turn the tables against superior numbers and borderline-overwhelming odds in every single mission.
• Command up to five Desperados and use their lethal skills to stealthily thin out the enemy ranks
• Approach each open-ended mission with a wide variety of different solutions and routes
• Resolve seemingly impossible challenges and defeat entire armies of foes with careful planning and perfectly timed executions
• Explore classic Wild West scenarios such as frontier towns, desert canyons, Mississippi swamps, sprawling modern cities and many more
• Deadly or non-lethal takedown options? Run in all-guns-blazing or stick to stealth throughout? The choice is entirely up to you, and with a range of difficulty settings and special challenges designed for experimentation and replayability you can tackle Desperados III however you see fit